Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Search for the Right School

Hey MommE's I hope you today is better then your yesterday and you are working hard at making your dreams become your realities! After my breakdown yesterday I decided that today I would move forward with my dreams and my reality and work to make Jade's life better right here in New York for the time being.

I began searching for schools for Jade and was so amazed and confused with all my options, limitations, open doors, and deadlines. I know I want her to have opportunities that were not afforded to me or maybe that my mom just didn't know about. So today I looked up private schools and financial aid help to attend these schools. I was amazed to find how some of these schools were teaching there 3 year olds different languages, and music, and cooking, and all kinds of activities that our day cares weren't even thinking of doing (hey Dora doesn't count). I looked at the prices of these schools and was baffled at the tuition (yes tuition 30k in some instances) but was very pleased that most if not all had financial assistance because they want to be "diverse".

BUT I was so disappointed to find that the deadlines for all these schools had already past. They all began application process in September for the following year. So my search will continue tomorrow for a good school that will do for the 2010-2011 school year.

If you have suggestions please be free to send them my way. Or if you are looking for a school as well email Ssanders@themommeshop.com . I will be compiling a list as recommendations come to me and will be sure to post them in the upcoming week.

Until then have a great night folks.

It's MommE-Talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment