Friday, December 4, 2009

The MommE-Shop, where being a mom is as sweet as it gets!



For the past few years I have been struggling with the idea of a career. What in this world can I do for the next 40 years that I wont hate in 2. I have tried many jobs, many paths, and have always had issues. I either hate my boss, hate my coworkers, hate what I do all together, or cant get the right break. I have been an advisor, a publicity assistant, customer service assistant and ad sales assistant. I have worked for major media companies and great colleges and still I'm unhappy.

While Attending a lunch and learn at Time Inc. I was told to figure out what you love because it wont seem like work. I was told to make sacrifices and make it happen. So here I am making it happen. Event planning and helping people is what I love. I want to make sure I give back to the community I came from and others like it. All the while I want to plan events.

So here it is The MommE Shop! where being a mom is as sweet as it gets!!! I am opening an event company for working moms of color. A place where they can network, let go, and meet people like themselves. Many times we hear of events for moms and moms to be and once we get there we feel out of place. Not one person looks like us or understands our struggles, many of these women are stay at home moms and have the nanny in tow. Well now there will be events just for us.

I hope to gain readers on this blog and more importantly i hope to see many of you at my events.

Until then, It's MommE-Talk!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!

    I'm happy that you're getting this going and wish you must success! I think you've found your niche and have truly identified your target audience. I recently went back to work but was at home with my kids for almost two years. I took my kids to several play groups and while my kids enjoyed, I HATED it.

    Though the other moms were friendly and welcoming (for the most part), no one looked like me (except the nannies), I wasn't just returning from a "trip to Europe or Asia" and my house didn't have a "nanny quarters” so the conversation wasn’t for me.

    I hope that this takes off for you. I'd love to connect with mommies like me because motherhood truly is "as sweet as it gets!"

    Good luck.

    Be Well,


    Ayana

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the logo... wonder who did it? lol. Anywho glad you're following dreams. Longest journey shortens with a single step. Hope your journey is prosperous.

    Lexi

    ReplyDelete