Monday, November 30, 2009

Me, You, Or Both of Us

Hi Everyone,

I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving, I know I did. I enjoyed it so much I neglected to post to the blog. My apologies.

In the spirit of the holidays I wanted to post about sharing your child on those important days. For the past 2 years I have let Jade go with her dad's family for half the day but this year I must admit I was rather selfish and kept my daughter on Turkey Day. I loved watching her with her grandparents, great grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins. We had a blast. Dancing, singing, eating, drinking, it was one for the record books!

As I mentioned in one of my other entries I am going through a custody battle with Jades dad. Visitation is a huge issue. I feel that since I have her most of the time, and do the most for her why is it that when the good times come around I have to share her. When I need your help when she is sick, or if I have errands to run your never around, if I want to go on vacation you wont keep her if its not your "regularly scheduled days" so why now that the holidays are here should I let her go with you and split my days? My family is my rock and help me regularly, from babysitting to clothing to food to potty training I have had their support and I feel they deserve to spend this time with her too. But your family gets to see her in her nice outfits and smile and pretend everything is great on these days!

Is this a selfish feeling, is it just anger, or do I have a valid point? I don't want Jade to grow up angry with me for keeping her away from her family but why do I have to suffer through my anger and smile like everything is fine when it really isn't.

So MommE's, AuntE's, DaddE's, and all others whats your thoughts on the holiday share.


Talk to me!

Its MommE-Talk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment