Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thank YOU!

Today I woke up saying I was going to post my feelings on my custody battle. I wanted to vent about my pain and anger, my confusion and hurt. I woke up convinced that this would be the day I wrote exactly how I felt about what is going on in my life but I have changed my mind. Instead, I'm saying thank you!

I arrived at work and realized I have so much more to write about, live for and be happy about. Today I realized I have an amazing team around me. My family and friends are the best and I don't want to replace them for the world.

Its been a tough 2 years of me having to rely on the help and patience of others. Borrow $20 here, babysit there, I mean to be honest there was a point where my daughter spent more time with my mom and sis then with me but I've made it through. And now its my time to say thank you! Thank you to my wonderful family and friends who have dealt with my depression, anger, attitudes, and personality changes! Thank you to my family who has stepped in to watch Jade when I had no one else to turn. Thank you to my friends who have taken Jade on vacation so I don't have to pay a sitter, thank you godparents who have been truly that, Parents sent to me from God, because with out your help and support I would be lost.

Today is the day that I stop and smell the roses because the glass truly is half full and I will be OK. So to all my friends and family who have been my rock during this chapter in my life THANK YOU!


So to all my readers who are single moms and have a true support system today is the day you should stop and say THANK YOU just like I am!

It's MommE-Talk!

2 comments:

  1. OooooWwwww...Your welcome BOO!!! It is hard out here being a parent. A single one Ain't No Crystal Stair (Langston Hughes)lol but seriously as much as it may get to you from time to time you keep it together and know when you unload to get yourself back in order. You are blessed beyond measure and the trials come along with life. If you weren't blogging about this it would be something else. Jade is such a delight and that is 100% because of you and who you are :) Smile those roses honey and the sun is it today is a Perfect day for giving thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loves it Kinah! Mommy's rock! My mom is my support she watches my 2 cookie monsters everyday. I feel your pain, but I truly believe GOD doesn't give you more than you can bare. This builds strength and character you will be Jade's role model and hopefully I will be the kind of woman the boys will look for in a woman. MUAH <3 u booski!

    ReplyDelete