Friday, November 20, 2009

Dating

After over 2 years of being single, I decided recently to get back in the game. I will admit this has been the most fun yet scariest time of my life. I am so not a dater. In the past it seemed like as soon as I met someone or was introduced to someone it would turn into a relationship so this dating thing is new to me. I find myself asking my childless friends what the hell am I doing? Why do you enjoy this? What am I supposed to do? UGH frustration!

Lately I feel overwhelmed with work, my daughter and me having a life. I question will I ever find my prince charming, will I learn how to balance this new life of mine, will I date forever? There are times when I just feel like I should be single forever and just concentrate on my daughter.


Then I have to deal with asking people to babysit and feeling as though I am being selfish. Is it fair to have other people take care of Jade while I go out and have fun? Is it fair for Jade to not be in her house with her toys while mommy meets and mingles? How do you deal with your two-year old calling you and telling you she misses you while you sit across from a dude you met a week ago? How do you explain to your family that you just want to feel normal again? Better yet will I ever really be normal?

This summer I was introduced to the world of confusion. I have met many different guys including a southern playa, a geeky media guy, a stripper, and a paralegal. I have had trips to Miami, Dates to sushi restaurants and texts that I would rather not discuss...But now what?

After many conversations with many people, from my mom to my friends I have decided its OK to date. It is time for me to learn more about me, Sakinah not me the mommy! It's OK to date geeks, and corny people, hustlers and strippers who dance to its raining men LOL. Its OK to be "normal!"

This has been one of the most eye-opening years for me and I look forward to finally settling down and having a family. Until then I say DATE and Have some fun! Single moms WE DESERVE IT!!!

So what do you think???


Its MommE-Talk

3 comments:

  1. BRAVO....A happy mom makes a happy home. You love Jade and that is evident. Dating and moving forward with your life is important to your mental health and well being. There will be a time when Jade is grown up and you will need companionship why wait until your 40 to find that start now. You have done the right thing she has not been exposed to any of these folks just make for good laughs for u and us LOL LOL (Its raining MEN is HILARIOUS). Jade is your Priority but your life should not stop. Keep dating, start getting use to it and in time the person you can tolerate the most goods and not so goods will show his face. FUN is GOOD for the SOUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you deserve it and the Sky is the Limit in Mommyhood and Beyond! I'm proud of you for venturing out and making life happen...not just waiting to see what happens! I look forward to the Life & Times of Jade's mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was pretty deep kinah! You deserve it homie, go out have fun, you MUST make time for yourself to keep sane.

    ReplyDelete