Thursday, February 18, 2010

Miniature Chefs



How often is it that we are cooking and our children come into the kitchen and just get in the way; Pots and pans on the floor, hands too close to the stove, that little voice calling your name over and over again. Well last night I decided to bring my little chef into the kitchen with me. I picked a meal that she could help with and let her cook alongside me.
Yesterday was pizza night and we made pizza on English muffins. How much fun it turned out to be. Jade took her job very seriously and it was great, she even volunteered to help clean up (imagine that the child's toys are everywhere but she made sure to clean up momme's kitchen).
After having such a successful dinner I have decided I want to ask momme's for any recipes they have for foods, snacks, or drinks that they cook with their children. If you have pictures of your kitchen adventures send that in as well. Training your miniature chef will have great rewards in a few years!











3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!! Just to think, just a week ago she was making rice and chicken... LOL Love Jade!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great training to be independent and a wonderful way to learn how to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Jade!! And kudos to you for having the patience to see this through! This is also great for career exploration! It's never too early to see if she could be the next B. Smith, Martha Stewart, etc..

    ReplyDelete