Thursday, May 17, 2012

Graduation

This weekend my baby girl graduates from Pre-K.  The school asked for pictures of her to show her progress over the past 4 years.  So while I looked through pictures I also took a walk down memory lane.  I have come a long way these past 5 years as a mom and as a woman and I am so proud of me.  I have survived being a single mom, court battles, being laid off of work, moving to a new city and so much more.  I have cried rivers, seen counselors, and thought I would never make it through this thing called life.  While I know I have a long way to go, and I am still facing many challenges I can pat my self on the back and say way to go Sakinah.

Being a mom has taught me that while I'm not perfect Im a good person.  I give way too much of myself and am often taken advantage of (mostly by the people who claim to love me most).  I have learned that although I have always known my dad I have never had a REAL relationship with him and I see the cycle repeating itself.  I have learned that most of the characteristics I detest in my dad are the same characteristics I detest in men and so I must change my patterns to find my happiness.  I have learned its ok to ask for help because the reality is there is NO WAY IN HELL to do it all by myself.  But mostly I have learned that I make Jade happy and that is the ONLY thing that matters.

So as I get my baby girl ready for her big day I realize I am graduating too.  I am leaving behind the days of beating myself up, of trying to please everyone else, and of trying to be superwoman and I am now moving into the next stage of my life...PUTTING ME FIRST, SMILING MORE, AND KEEPING JADE HAPPY.

Until next time!!!


2 comments:

  1. So good to see the growth in both you and Jade first hand. You both are my boo's. Congrats to You and Jade on her graduation. It has definitely been a journey but the good outweighs the not so good and most importantly your still standing. Love you both and looking forward to the next graduation and all the other accomplishments along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I sat here reading this beautiful testimony, I found myself being filled with so many emotions. I am proud to be a part of your life to witness some of your growth in it. Your journey is one like mine and I can relate! Know that God placed Jade in your life for so many reason and reading your post, I am sure that you know what they are....

    You are such a wonderful woman, mother, friend to many and of course a child of God! The trials, pain, tribulations, struggles and woes have made you into the person that you are and you will continue to grow from this. Acknowledging what has transpired in your life and the choices that you made it a HUGE step towards wisdom! It takes a "BIG" person to even state it and be vulnerable all at the same time! For that I commend you Kinah!

    You continue to make YOU happy and Jade will ALWAYS be happy! Yes, it does take a village to raise a child, so don't ever be afraid to reach out to the ones that will ALWAYS be there for you! I love you dearly and even though we haven't spent a lot of time together, we are still family!

    You keep growing..,loving yourself...teaching Jade....loving her deeply...and always remember to stop some times and just take care of YOU!

    ReplyDelete