Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Powerful message to mothers and women

I started reading a new book and the first few pages were a special message to women. While reading it I thought it was definitely something necessary to send to my readers, those of you who are mothers and those of you who are want to be a mother in the future.

In the opening pages of Mary B Morrison's Who's Loving You the author writes:

Hear me when I say, "no one will ever treat you worse then you treat yourself," and no one should treat you better. When times get hard- we all experience hard times- and there seems to be no way out... keep breathing. Live another second, hold on another minute, hang in there another hour, and with each passing moment, know that your internal beauty is the pure essence of the greatest love, because without you; without your womanly nurturing, your motherly instincts, your ability to breathe life into every living human being; without women, MEN WOULD CEASE TO EXIST!!!!

Don't let men brainwash you into believing they hold the power in a relationship. THEY DON'T. Giving birth is the highest power of procreation. Men can't do that. So, ladies don't have babies for men who aren't worthy of your power.

This passage struck me hard. I read and re-read a number of times. Hindsight is 20/20 but I know for sure that moving forward in any relationship including the interaction between myself and Jades father that this isn't about him or the little he has done to bring this beautiful child into the world and keep her safe while she is here. Its about Me and all I will continue to do to bring her up to be a strong woman who understands the value of being a women and learns the mistakes of so many women before her.

No comments:

Post a Comment